Gather. Inspire. Connect.
It's an evening of celebration for Des Moines' sustainability community.
This event is focused on connecting people and energizing the relationships across our broad community. Urban Ambassadors will help facilitate fun and interactive ways for you to share your own goals, projects, or ideas that make our city a better place to live. All are welcome, and we'd really love to pack the room with people from across our area. Just invite your Sustainable Sweethearts to gather together to socialize, connect, and feel the energy of being a part of the community.
QUESTION: What is a Sustainable Sweetheart? ANSWER: Someone who you appreciate for having had a positive impact on the planet or on your own personal path.
A family-friendly event - Free to attend - All your friends are coming!
And also, you'll find:
- Music provided by DJ Wolf Pack, Harding Middle School (and a dance floor)
- Fun photo booth to catch a photo with your Sustainable Sweetheart
- UA friend Emmy Quinde teaches a salsa dancing lesson
- A community-building activity (more on that below)
- Food and drink (cash bar for grown-ups)
- Tour the Botanical Garden's indoor conservancy and learn about all the incredible outdoor garden space opening in 2015.
- Information tables for area sustainability nonprofits to share their ideas. (Want to participate? E-mail email@example.com.)
All night, you’ll meet inspiring people who are turning their passion for a stronger community into action. Urban Ambassadors are creating a community orchard, hosting art shows, and connecting sustainability-minded people around town in exciting new ways. We can’t wait to see what the community will think of next!
Thank you to our event partners:
These organizations have agreed to share information about their important work:
- Des Moines Bike Collective
- Forest Avenue Outreach
- Iowa Environmental Council
- Iowa Wildlife Center
- Metro Waste Authority
- Oxfam Iowa Action Corps
- Polk County Housing Trust Fund
- RecycleMe Iowa
- Whiterock Conservancy